EC - The Legality of Using Your Data

lightlight Posts: 290Member

Episode this week is about issues surrounding games using data to personalize their experience. Share your thoughts below.

Also, are we an Extra Credits fan community? If so, we could ask them to list us on their site as one.
I think there are benefits to seeing ourselves either way. But what do you guys think?
Drake Bell!
Darklurker - Ana - Davey Wreden - Niles - Catwoman - Thwomp - Zazu

Comments

• PyrianPyrian Posts: 295Member
    Hmm, I'd say we should be on there. This place could use a drip of new blood, honestly.
  • Brother_NerdBrother_Nerd Posts: 50Member
    We have a couple of current members who I'd say are anything but fans of EC, but the rest of us do seem to actually still genuinely enjoy the show. Besides, that's exactly what Extra Curricular was made to be, and as this is just the new Extra Curr...
  • vlademir1vlademir1 Posts: 428Member
    I'd argue that we aren't an EC fan site at this point.  We mostly came from the EC forums when they closed, but this forum isn't focused around EC the way the old forums were even if most of us are still fans of their work.
    @Pyrian is right, however, that we need new blood.  Attaching ourselves to EC, however, isn't IMO the most appropriate route to that new blood for various reasons.
    I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. Look upon my works and despair!

Truth is never lying right there on the surface for everyone to quickly find, it requires dedication, the right tools and time.
  • lightlight Posts: 290Member
    Attaching ourselves to EC should be a more or less unanimous decision so if there are people with strong feelings against it I won't support it either.

What if we wrote articles? I have a few theses in mind for games I've played recently.
    Drake Bell!
  • Brother_NerdBrother_Nerd Posts: 50Member
    My thing is, first, I don't see us as that far off from our roots as an EC fan forum. Second, if that's not what we are, then what are we? and Third, can we really justify using a full-blown forum for whatever it is, or should we take this to another agreed upon social media outlet that's free? Goodness knows, there're enough out there, there's bound to be 1 we all agree upon. I'd be a tad more comfortable having a thread strictly dedicated to such a topic, though.
  • lightlight Posts: 290Member
    I'd rather focus on solutions than engage in rhetoric that could lead to some community existential crisis. But okay, the topic has been broached. Someone else can make a new thread; there's aready enough of my face on the main page.
    Drake Bell!
  • vlademir1vlademir1 Posts: 428Member
    New thread for this tangent here.
    I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. Look upon my works and despair!

Truth is never lying right there on the surface for everyone to quickly find, it requires dedication, the right tools and time.
  • galdon Posts: 259Member
    edited June 12
    I feel like their argument is a bit off in this episode. We shouldn't be trying to all agree to a gentleman's agreement to follow some rules before government regulations show up. We should instead push for the governmental regulations to be made that are reasonable before something bad happens. The problem with trying to get everyone to agree to play nice before laws get made to make sure we play nice is that eventually there WILL be that one asshole who decides to abuse it's users as thoroughly as they possibly can, and then angry people will demand the harshest rules possible.
    Post edited by galdon on